Terms and Conditions
- All bookings not made locally should be reconfirmed with our office either the day before departure or 24 hours prior to departure.
- Fullers GreatSights reserves the right to cancel departures, arrange alternative transport, itineraries and services when necessary. Departures and itineraries are subject to sea and weather conditions. To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Where another company or persons operate the tour or cruise, Fullers GreatSights is acting only as Sales Agent. Responsibility and liability for the operation of the land and sea transport lies with that operator.
- For the comfort of all passengers and in accordance with New Zealand government legislation, we do not allow smoking or vaping on our vessels or tour coaches. We make regular stops on tours for the comfort of all passengers.
- To participate in swimming you must be able to swim competently in open water. The crew must be informed of any medical condition that may affect your swimming ability. Swimming with the dolphins is not available for children under the age of 8 years. Children between the age of 8 and 12 travelling on the Cream Trip or Dolphin Eco Adventure must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. Children must be 12 years or over to swim with the dolphins during the winter season (27th April to 23rd October). Please note swimming with the dolphins is subject to conditions and Department of Conservation guidelines.
- Entry fees and meals are not included except where stated.
- All prices stated are in New Zealand Dollars and include 15% Goods and Services Tax. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Children’s fares - under 15 years . All children must be accompanied by a paying adult or on all Fullers GreatSights tours and cruises. There is no charge for infants under 5 years when not occupying a seat, except for Dolphin Eco Experience on which all children 14 and under are charged the children's rate. Please advise sales staff when an infant is travelling. Infants under 5 years old do not qualify for the free lunch on the Cape Reinga day tour.
- Dolphin Viewing Guarantee applies as follows:
- Dolphin Cruise to the Hole in the Rock - passengers who did not view dolphins or whales will receive a ‘go again for free’ voucher on the Dolphin Cruise to the ‘Hole in the Rock’ (lifetime validity, subject to availability on a standby basis, non-transferable).
- Dolphin Eco Experience - Passengers who did not view dolphins or whales will receive a ‘go again for free’ voucher on Dolphin Eco Experience (lifetime validity, subject to availability on a standby basis, non-transferable).
- If you wish to swim with dolphins on the Hole in the Rock cruise (winter season only) or on the Cream Trip or Dolphin Eco Experience (summer season only), an additional charge of $30 per person applies. We recommend pre-paying for this to avoid disappointment as there are limited swim spots available on each departure.
- Dolphin Swimming Guarantee applies as follows:
- Dolphin Cruise to the Hole in the Rock (winter season) - If conditions prevent us from swimming with dolphins, a swim refund of $30 will be offered to those passengers who have prepaid to swim.
- Cream Trip and Dolphin Eco Experience (summer season) - If conditions prevent us from swimming with dolphins, a swim refund of $30 will be offered to those passengers who have prepaid to swim.
- Cruising through the Hole in the Rock: conditions permitting. Applies to the Dolphin Cruise to the Hole in the Rock and The Cream Trip.
- Cancellations must be received by Fullers GreatSights no later than 6pm on the day prior to the cruise or tour departure. Passengers who have not cancelled will be considered 'no shows' and no refunds are available.
- A Twin Tour discount of 10% applies to the full retail price if you purchase any two or more of the following products: Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise, The Cream Trip, Dolphin Eco Experience, Cape Reinga, Discover Hokianga, Discover Kerikeri, and Island Adventurer. Note: R Tucker Thompson and Russell Mini Tour are not included in the Twin Tour Special. The Twin Tour Special cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.
- Combo deals - when cancelling a combo tour our standard terms and conditions apply. If passengers have travelled on one cruise or tour already and a refund is due under our terms and conditions, the refund will be the difference between the price of the combo and the retail value of the travelled tour or cruise.
- Combos are considered discounted tours, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer.
- Fuel - due to the uncertainty of fuel prices Fullers GreatSights reserves the right to add a fuel surcharge to any of their tours or cruises.
- Content and Price Validity: These terms and conditions are valid until 30 September 2018 and supersede any other issues.
- Payments - 'Fullers BOI Online' is the name that will appear on your credit card statement.
For bookings, please contact us as follows:
Maritime Building, Waterfront
P O Box 145
Bay of Islands
Local Reservations Hotline
0800 653 339
Tel: +64 9 402 7421
0800 653 339 (local toll free)
Fax: +64 9 402 7831
For group or charter enquiries, please contact Mike Murphy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fullers GreatSights Bay of Islands reserves the right to alter prices, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport, itineraries and services when necessary. Departures and itineraries are subject to sea and weather conditions.
Where another company or persons operate the tour or cruise Fullers GreatSights is acting only as Sales Agent. Responsibility and liability for the operation of the land and sea transport lies with that operator.
Cancellations must be received by us no later than 5 (five) working days prior to the cruise or tour departure.
A deposit of 15% is required to hold the booking 5 (five) days prior to departure.
Companies who hold a credit account with us will be invoiced after the client has travelled for the agreed nett rate. Invoices are issued on a monthly basis and statements are issued monthly. Full payment is due on the 20th of the month following the date of invoice.
For credit account holders, payments are due by the 20th of the month following the date on the invoice. Late payments may incur a penalty charge. Payments can be made by cheque in New Zealand dollars and sent to:
Maritime Building, Waterfront
P O Box 145
Paihia, Bay of Islands New Zealand
Or direct credited to our bank account:
Account name: InterCity Group (NZ) Ltd
Account number: 02-0192-0515307-25
Bank: Bank of New Zealand
Branch: Newmarket, Auckland
InterCity Group (NZ) Ltd, trading as Fullers GreatSights Bay of Islands, is not responsible for any injury to passengers or damage to property for any cause whatsoever. Entry fees are not included unless otherwise stated. All departures are subject to demand, sea and weather conditions.
Fullers GreatSights reserves the right to cancel any departure and vary itineraries in the interest of passenger safety and comfort.
To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
All fares quoted in our sales brochures are retail, $NZ and include GST. All prices are typically valid for a minimum of 12 months however they are subject to change without notice. Our validity period is 01 Oct - 30 Sept.
For the comfort of all passengers and in accordance with New Zealand government legislation, we do not allow smoking or vaping on our vessels or tour coaches.
We have limited wheelchair access onto Dolphin Seeker. Please advise us at the time of booking if you have clients with special requirements so that we can appropriately assist them.
A detailed commentary is provided by the skipper/driver on all cruises and tours. This commentary is in English. Printed guide sheets are available on board vessels and coaches in German, Japanese and Mandarin.
- The passenger acknowledges and gives consent for Fullers GreatSights/InterCity Group by itself or through an agent to take photographs, audio or video recordings, or other forms of recordings that capture the passenger’s image, likeness, voice, performance or all of these (“Images”) during the course of this activity / tour. The passenger acknowledges and gives consent for InterCity Group to receive and use Images of the passenger from other.
- InterCity Group may use Images for marketing and promoting its services. The ways in which the Images will be used for marketing purposes include, but are not limited to, incorporating the Images in print, broadcast, internet media, direct marketing channels, downloadable content and applications, and all other media, platform or technology now known or to be developed for distribution around the world. The Images may be altered, modified, changed, combined or incorporated into other works.
- The passenger has a right to request access to the passenger’s Images and to correction of those Images to ensure they are complete and not misleading. However, the passenger acknowledges that if the Images have been incorporated into marketing materials, it may not be reasonably practicable for InterCity Group to make any changes to the Images. The passenger authorises InterCity Group to refuse the request to correction in such circumstances.
We are proud to be one of only three commercial tourism operators in the Bay of Islands who are licenced by the Department of Conservation to interact with marine mammals. Interaction is strictly limited by the rules of the licence and we take this responsibility very seriously. Here are the basic details of our marine mammal licence so you can understand why we do what we do during your cruise.
Our crew are thoroughly trained on all aspects of interacting with dolphins and whales. Please listen carefully to all explanations and instructions they give you.
APPROACHING MARINE MAMMALS
- if there are already three or more vessels near a pod of dolphins or whales, we need to stay at least 300 metres away
- once we get within 300 metres from marine mammals, we slow right down
- we don't go within 50 metres of whales, and if they approach us we will aim to stay out of their path
- we don’t go within 200 metres of female baleen or sperm whales with calves
- we will approach them slowly from a parallel direction, slightly from behind
- once we stop to view them, we put the boat’s engine into neutral or switch it off
INTERACTING WITH MARINE MAMMALS
- we don’t interact with marine mammals at all between 11.30am and 1pm – this is their rest time
- the time we spend with a pod is limited to 50 minutes per trip, or 30 minutes if there are juveniles present
- we don't disrupt their normal movement or behaviour
- we don't separate marine mammals from their pods, travel right through a pod or cause them to scatter
- we don't make sudden changes in speed or direction
- if they show any sign of being disturbed or distressed, we immediately leave them alone
- no throwing food or rubbish near them
- no making loud or sudden noises
SWIMMING WITH DOLPHINS
- if the dolphins are resting or feeding, or if there are baby dolphins present, we can view them but not swim with them
- we make a maximum of three attempts per trip to swim with dolphins
- a maximum of 18 swimmers can be in the water at once
- please follow all instructions from your crew while swimming with dolphins